1 ) Only three nations have successfully set people in space: the US, Russia and China. Most have been government programmes, produced at wonderful expense. Today, a new time is from which non-public enterprise is going to take people 100km or more above the Earth.
2 . In 2001, an American, Christ Tito, started to be the first space holiday. He come to the Foreign Space Train station by Skyrocket and stayed at there intended for ten times. A year later Southern region African Millionaire, Mark Shuttleworth, went on a similar trip. When he returned to earth he said, " Every second will be with me for the rest of my lifeвЂќ. The two men paid $20 , 000, 000 for their holiday seasons.
3. The company that put their trips is called Space Adventures. Their president, Eric Anderson, believes space tourism will be the next big thing. " Everyone is buying a new knowledge, вЂќ he admits that. In a few years he could be going to begin selling rocket trips towards the public for about $ 100. 000. _________________
5. Another organization, The Space Isle Group, can be planning to build a circular lodge in space like the spaceship in the well-known film 2001: A Space Odyssey. It will have almost everything a normal lodge has, only that the sleeping rooms won't possess windows. It is because the resort will tools meant to, in other words it can turn around on its own and people will certainly feel sick if perhaps they look away of a windows. Instead it will have screens showing pictures by space. Gene Myers, you can actually president, thinks that in 2020 a five-day holiday break at the lodge might cost just $25, 500. _________________
5. Others have a great deal larger plans. Bigelow Aerospace can be spending $500 million on the plan to make a 700-metre spaceship to take flight tourists towards the moon. You will see 100 vacationers on each trip and each person will have a private room expecting to of the Globe's sunset. The Hilton Hotel Group offers even talked about building a resort on the celestial body overhead.
6. Built simply by Burt Rutan and loaned by Paul Allen, SpaceShipOne has came into the history literature to become the first private manned spacecraft to take flight to the border of space and backside. Mike Melvill became the first civilian to pilot a craft into space. Steve Bennett, chief in the British civilian space task, Starchaser Industrial sectors, said it absolutely was an important success. It finally came back to Earth after its 90-minute flight. Text messages of congratulations came from Nasa's administrator Esten O'Keefe. He said that this just shows that you don't must be Nasa or possibly a government organisation. At the moment simply millionaires can embark upon holiday in space. However eventually you might be able to go there yourself- and it might be sooner than you think. (Taken and Adapted by Face to Face & http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3811881.stm)
I) Read the article about Space Travel above and meet headings a-e to sentences 2-5.
a) Space hotelsParagraph: _______________
b) Going to the moon Paragraph: _______________
c) The future of tourismParagraph: _______________
d) The first space touristsParagraph: _______________
II) See the article again and answer the queries.
1) Who were the 1st space tourists? _______________________________________________
2) Do these space tourists delight in their quest? How do you know? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3) Eric Anderson thinks that space travel will be well-known because ________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________
4) The Space Isle Group won't have any home windows in their hotel because _______________ ___________________________________________________________________________
5) Which two businesses have bigger plans...